Monday, August 26, 2013

Crafty Monday Part 1: Dog Biscuits!!

Hi everyone!! I had a great week and I hope you did too!! As much as I love this blog, it is always nice to have a little vacation!! School is off to a great start for both Iman and myself! I'm so excited for this year!!! For today's craft I whipped up a bit of salt dough and made 3 different types of dog biscuits. Here is what you will need:

  • Salt dough (water, flour and salt)
  • Toothpick
  • A clean surface to work on and dry your finished biscuits- I used a piece of foil. 
I made a little bit of salt dough as I always make waaay too much. I used a recipe that is roughly 2 parts flour, one part salt, and one part water. (As much water as you need to make it doughy)

Here is my dough. :)

Make four small balls and roll a short snake...

Then smoosh them together carefully and shape them a bit to get a traditional dog biscuit. i then poked 3 holes in the middle with a toothpick which you will see in a later picture.

Form a shape like this...

And poke some holes for a cute little modern-y dog biscuit!!

It's hard to tell the size in this picture but I rolled two smaller balls and one bigger ball...

Then rolled them like this...

Shape the smaller two into crescents and then smoosh them onto the ends of the big roll to get this shape. I also poked holes in this one.

Here are the final 3. You can either bake them but I just let them air-dry overnight. 
Come back tomorrow to see the finished product and how I painted them!!
Thanks for reading!!!!

~Hannah (the human) 

 
 
 
 
 
 


 

1 comment:

  1. So these aren't for your doggie to eat, but decorations, right?
    Neat craft. I'm looking forward to part 2.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, but if you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say it!!!! Thanks!!!
Hannah, Hanna, and Iman